Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'M SUCH A GULLIBLE IDIOT

I'm so gullible. I fell for two extremely weak April Fool's Day jokes yesterday. Normally, in my opinion, I'm a pretty smart person. I'm also pretty skeptical. But, for some reason yesterday, you could've told me the sky was falling and I would've ran for cover. I even heard about Tom Crean leaving Marquette for Indiana, and that I didn't believe until I saw it reported on numerous websites.

The first thing that I was fooled with was the surprising news that Prince Fielder signed a contract extension with the Brewers for 5 years for $75 million. I had heard that the Brewers had made long term offers to Fielder and Ryan Braun over the weekend. So, I believed it was true that he had signed the extension and I felt no need to read on in the article. I just read the headline and immediately started thinking about what I thought about this deal. I thought it was a little early considering he has only played 2 full seasons and is still only 23 years old. Then I remember how I think him being a vegetarian has made him soft and I really thought the deal was too early. However, I was happy to see the Brewers taking a proactive stance with their young players. Eventually, after not finding this news reported anywhere else on the web, I went back and read the whole article to see it was a terrible April Fool's joke.

The second time I was fooled was when I got home from work. Everyday when I get home, I watch PTI that has been recorded on my DVR from earlier. So, to start the show, Tony and Mike are saying that they will replay the last 16 seconds of the Kansas vs. Davidson game from Sunday (video below) because of a key defender on the final play playing after he should have been fouled out.




So, all sorts of things start flying through my head. I start thinking how this would affect my bracket. I'm behind 2 points in my work pool and can only take second because the douchenozzle in front of me by 2 points has the same bracket as me. I also start thinking how sweet it would be if Davidson won the game. I'm a huge Stef Curry fan and the Coach most certainly could come up with a better play to get him an open look. Also, they were down 2 and they easily could've went to the hoop and played for the tie. There was plenty of time. I also was thinking about the precedent this would set. This would cause a riot in Kansas if Davidson won. While all these thoughts were flying around my head, my laptop sat on my lap and it didn't occur to me to hop on the Internet to verify this. I had been listening to sports radio all day and heard nothing about this. After falling for the Prince Fielder hoax, how did I fall for this as well????? Because I'm a gullible idiot, that's why.

No comments: